PET DAY │ Saturday, August 5th
Morgantown Mall's annual Pet Day will be on Saturday, August 5th! We welcome shoppers to bring their furry friends with them into the mall for the day! Stores that will be welcoming pets into their location will have signs posted at their entrances to let shoppers know.
Stores that have elected to allow pets during the event include Belk, FYE, Claire's, Spencer's, Christopher & Banks, Shoe Dept Encore, American Eagle, GNC, Mastercuts, and Francesca's. There will be more stores allowing pets, and this list will be updated periodically.
A few local businesses and organizations that offer pet products, services, pet adoptions, and information are welcome to be a part of the event! For more information on becoming a vendor, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon entering the Morgantown Mall or while on mall property, pet owners are automatically agreeing to and will adhere to the rules and regulations set forth in the section below.
Pet owners are completely responsible for their pets at all times and Morgantown Mall and associates will not be held responsible for the acts of any animals or their owners. All pets must be on a leash or in a carrier at all times while on mall property and must be up-to-date on vaccinations. Pets should be non-aggressive, and accompanied by owner at all times. Morgantown Mall is not responsible for the actions of any pet brought into the mall or on mall property, and owner's will take full responsibility for their pets at all times. Morgantown Mall reserves the right to request removal of any animal from the mall. Pets are allowed in all "common areas" of the mall and should enter through main mall entrances. Individual stores implement their own rules and have the option of allowing pets or not allowing pets. If stores do not have a "pets are welcome" sign posted at their entrance, please ask the store's associates if pets are allowed before entering with pet.
When attending Pet Day at Morgantown Mall on Saturday, August 5, 2017 I agree to follow the rules and regulations stated below:
1. To indemnify and hold harmless, the Morgantown Mall Associates for any and all claims of liability and damages from any injury, property damage, loss, claim, or expense that may occur to me while attending the Morgantown Pet Day.
2. In attending Pet Day with my animal(s) and should any injury occur to any person, other animal, or property as a result of the behavior of my animal(s) at the Pet Day, whether expected or unexpected, regardless of the stimulus for the behavior (i.e. animal’s spontaneous conduct, the conduct of another animal, the conduct of any person or thing, or a combination of any of these), I will be solely liable and be held responsible for any injury or property damage that results there from (including reasonable attorney’s fees) and that I will indemnify, hold harmless, protect and defend that Morgantown Mall Associates or any other person, company or organization from any liability resulting from my pet’s attendance at the Morgantown Mall event for any and all claims of liability and damages from any injury, property, damage, loss, claim, or expense resulting from the behavior of my animal.
3. To report any and all such injuries immediately to the Morgantown Mall Management or Security personnel.
4. In bringing my pet into Pet Day, I understand that I am doing so at my sole risk, cost and expense, and any harm that comes to the animal shall be solely my responsibility, and that I will be solely responsible for cleaning up and messes made by my pet.
5. I also state that my pet is healthy, free from parasites, and has all necessary shows including rabies, distemper for dogs and FVRCP for cats.
6. Further, I understand that if my pet acts in any way considered aggressive or dangerous to other pets or people that I will have to leave the Pet Day immediately and I will not be entitled to any refund. I understand that this release agreement is a contract and states that I have read all of its terms, am a legal adult (age 18 or older), fully understand them, and am legally competent to execute this Release Form.
7. Pets need to be kept in the common areas of the mall. Pets will not be allowed in individual retail stores unless agreed upon by the store’s employees or manager.
8. Photo Release Agreement: I hereby grant permission to MORGANTOWN MALL and its agents and affiliates to take and use: photographs and/or digital images of me and my pet for use in news releases, publications, and/or educational material. These materials might include printed or electronic publications, websites or other electronic publications, websites or other electronic media. I authorize the use of these images without compensation to me. All negatives, prints, digital reproductions shall be the property of MORGANTOWN MALL.