Mon Health Medical Center to hold 35th annual HealthFair
February 23rd & 24th
Mon Health Medical Center will hold its 2018 HealthFair Friday, Feb. 23, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 24, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the Morgantown Mall.
HealthFair offers free and low-cost screenings, health information, special events and demonstrations from more than 40 local medical organizations.
This year Mon Health Medical Center will off low-cost multiphasic blood analysis screenings from 6:30-11 a.m. The cost is $30 for the multiphasic screening, $15 for Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) and $15 for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).
Participants in the multiphasic screenings must register by Feb. 6 at monhealth.com/healthfair.
Other screenings that require prior registration include:
- Giant Eagle Pharmacy - Flu, pnumonia and shingles shots. Pre-register by calling 304-599-2369, option 0.
- Mon Health Surgical Care - Ultrasound screenings of carotid arteries, abdominal aorta and gallbladder. Must be 18 years old. Pre-register by calling 304-285-2730 or 304-599-7358.
- Heartsaver - CPR/AED course. Pre-register by calling 304-285-2730.
Other screenings that don't require pre-registration will also be available during HealthFair. These include:
- HealthWorks Rehab & Fitness - Functional Movement Screenings - Friday, 7-10 a.m. and 1-5 p.m. Saturday, 10a.m.-2 p.m.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation - Ankle Brachial Index creening for Peripheral Artery Disease
- Advantage Health and Wellness - Gait scan
- Mon Health Wedgewood Primary Care - Blood pressure screening
- HealthSouth Mountain View Regional Rehabilitation Hospital - Flexibility screening
- Mon Health Equipment & Supplies - Leg screening for venous insufficiency
- Mon Health Wound and Vein Care - Venous insufficiency screening for lower extremities
- Mon Health Primary Care - Bone Density Screening
- Regional Eye Associates - Vision Screening
- Cornerstone Care Community Health Center of Mt. Morris - Body Mass Index
- MTEC - Blood pressure screening
- HealthFair InfoBooth - Community weight management information and registration
The Baby Crawl event, sponsored by the Mon Health Family Birth Center Perinatal Education Program, will take place Saturday at noon. Registration will start at 11:30 a.m.
Babies will be placed in heats, and the winner of each heat will compete in the final crawl to determine the champion crawler. Parents can pre-register their babies at monhealth.com/babycrawl. Online registration closes Thursday, Feb. 22.
Visit monhealth.com for more information on this year's HealthFair.